! CREDIT TO STONEYFALL FOR FORMAT ! THANKS !
|“||Nothing can stand against the force of water, just as nothing can defeat RiverClan warriors when we rise up together. But when trouble comes, RiverClan knows how to weave through the dangers, adapting to the changed world, just as the river flows around rocks and over waterfalls. We are grace. We are power. We are RiverClan.||„|
- Leopardstar on RiverClan in Secrets of the Clans, page 40.
The river passes through the lake and the opaque. The water is still blue, darker in the shadows and more pale in the light, but still blue. Against the noise of the birds that are welcoming the new day the gentle murmur of the water can just be heard, a backdrop from the musical notes coming up above. For all its serenity there is more danger in its swirling depths than the trees behind. Between the fishes and the cats, Twolegs don't want to get their boots wet but in their wooden boat it will take them miles to get to RiverClan's camp.
🏳 Introduction 🏳 EditRiverClan is one of the five Clans and consider StarClan to be their warrior ancestors. They live on the reedy, pebbly plain near a river with very few trees. RiverClan cats are known for their amazing skill at fishing and love for water. These cats are known for their ability of swimming and sometimes their webbed paws. They also love beautiful things, and are known to collect rocks, shells, and feathers to decorate their dens. They eat mainly fish, but they can also eat water voles, shrews, and mice. They are contented, sleek, well-fed cats with well-groomed fur. They are known to be clever and graceful but are perceived outside their Clan as being stubborn and lazy. Their long fur and glossy coats are an asset while swimming. RiverClan gets by in leaf-bare, because according to other Clans, they fatten themselves on fish during greenleaf in preparation for leaf-bare. RiverClan cats dislike adding birds to their fresh-kill pile. Sometimes other Clan cats call them "fish-faces", or "fish-breath". They are quite strong swimmers and move through the water as if they are part of it. Their lightning reflexes help them scoop fish from the bank. It is revealed that because the RiverClan cats are so well fed and glossy, when they sun themselves on rocks, sometimes Twolegs take them, mistaking them for kittypets. These incidents are kept secret from other Clans.
RiverClan is a group of cats that live in a part of the forest that is primarily wetland, or shores of lakes/rivers/streams. The founding-leader, River Ripple, got his name due to the river saving his life, so by extension the name was thought to be given to the Clan.
🏳 Information 🏳 Edit
• Clan Character: Contented, sleek, well fed. Long fur and glossy coats. They love beautiful things and often collect rocks, shells, and feathers for their dens. They do not fear water.
• Prey: Mainly fish but also water voles, shrews, and mice.
• Hunting Skills: Strong swimmers, they move silently and scentless through the water. They scoop fish out of the water from the bank—a skill most cats in the other Clans cannot master.
• Significant Clan Leaders: Riverstar, Crookedstar, Leopardstar, Mistystar,
• Insults, Exclaimations in RiverClan:
Fishface, fishfur or fish-breath - An insult used against us.
Great StarClan! - An exclamation used to signify extreme surprise or anger. Similar to Oh my god! in usage and to the fact that they both have mention of a higher force.
How in Silverpelt? - An exclamation used meaning "How in the world?
I don't give a fishtail/They wouldn't give a fishtail - An exclamation meaning that the cat does not care. Another variation is I would ____ for a couple of fishtails meaning that they are willing to do the inserted action for no real reward. Can also mean that a cat would be stingy enough not to share a fishtail.
I'd have shredded you into Fishscales! - to gravely injure, rip to shreds. Similar to mousemeat.
May StarClan light your path/Banish all the fleas from your nest - A friendly term used to tell others they wish them well.
May the Sun warm your back and the fish leap into your paws- A blessing used in RiverClan used to wish good dreams or, in some instances, to say farewell to a dead cat.
May you find good hunting, swift running, and shelter when you sleep- An ancient farewell used by all the Clans, to say goodbye to loved ones on their way to StarClan.
As easy as swallowing a minnow - A phrase used to indicate easiness of the task.
As much use as a dead fox - A (harsh) insult, meaning the recipient is useless.
Bees in your brain - An exclamation meaning confusion or a cat not making sense. (i.e., You've got bees in your brain!)
Buzzardfood- Alternative of crowfood, used before the start of the Clans. Used in The Sun Trail.
Chickfeed- Alternative of crowfood, used before the start of the Clans. Used in The Sun Trail.
Crowfood - A (harsh) insult comparing the recipient to rotting prey animals (as in I'll turn you into crowfood!), or suggesting that they eat it (as in crowfood-eater).
(You're) crazier than a fox in a fit! - An insult used when a cat (or cats) are acting crazy. Another variation uses "madder" instead of "crazier."
🏳 Territory 🏳 Edit
• As of 11/18/15
• Season: Leafbare
• Prey: Sacred
• Server: Kootenay
[Let me know if these territories are actually taken]
« The River [Temple of Zios] This territory is coast of the Territory and just across from the abandoned twoleg home. This is our most guarded territory, it holds all the fish and voles we would usually hunt.
« The Gorge [Paradise Party] A deep gorge cut by the river in the terrain, border with WindClan. Apprentices are forbidden to go near it. We would usually hunt there during Green-leaf and New-leaf. We do not protect this territory with all costs.
« Sunning-rocks [Kimbara Outback] Sunning-rocks is located at the end of RiverClan's border. It is a large, flat rock formation in full view of the sun, getting very warm, therefore, it is a desirable location for warriors to take a break or elders to get out and stretch their legs.
In the Forest Territories Edit
The RiverClan forest territory is located in what Twolegs call Morgan Farm's Campsite and the River Chell. Landmarks in this territory include:
- Camp - A well-drained island surrounded by the river and reeds. The other Clans' fear of water means this camp has never been attacked.
- The Gorge - A deep gorge cut by the river in the terrain, border with WindClan. Apprentices are forbidden to go near it.
- The River - A source of food and protection to the Clan. Sometimes, it is peaceful while other times, it floods.
- Twoleg Bridge - A bridge built by Twolegs that allows the cats to go to Fourtrees when the river is high.
The whole camp is surrounded by reeds. In the central area, the cats lie and share tongues in the sun. In the tangle of one of the reeds, there is the warrior's den. It is also right next to the nursery. On the roof of the den, cats have woven in sparkling rocks and shells from the river. The light dances on these, making beautiful reflections. The river comes up very close to the nursery. That's why the walls are built very thickly to prevent the nursery from floating away in a flood. The nursery is also close to the river so the kits can practice getting wet and sometimes swimming. This helps them when they become apprentices. Across the central clearing, the elder's den, leader's den, apprentice's den, and the medicine's den dwell. They are all in a tangle of reeds covered by a hard reedy roof.
In the Lake Territories Edit
The Lake territory for RiverClan does not have any name by Twolegs. However, the Twoleg names for the borders are Littlepine Road, Littlepine Sailing Center, and Whitechurch Road. The territory includes the River Alba. Landmarks here include:
- Camp - Like the other camp, this camp is tucked away on a piece of land surrounded by two streams, making it well-defended.
- Greenleaf Twolegplace - During greenleaf, Twolegs come here to swim noisily.
- Halfbridge - A peculiar bridge that ends halfway in the water. Twoleg boats are anchored to it.
- Lake Shore - RiverClan owns the south to western part of the lake shore.
The camp is full of lush trees and streams full of fish. There is a main stream that joins a smaller one, and on that triangle of land, RiverClan's camp resides. In the camp, there is a nest of brambles which is where the nursery is. It is strongly reinforced. In other thickets are the elder's and leader's den. The medicine's den is behind a thorn bush and overhangs the stream. The earth was washed away, leaving a pool in the roots and a hole in the bank. This is essential for the medicine cat who can store his/her supplies and get fresh water any time. There aren't as many shiny things as the old camp, but Twolegs often leave behind shiny things that the cats can use to decorate their nests. However, they have to be careful, as not all Twoleg things are safe for them
🏳 Rankings 🏳 Edit
- Leader [x1] The highest rank of the Clan, the leaders manage everything the Clan does. The leaders carry the weight of the entire wellbeing of RiverClan on their shoulders. They are to be respected at all costs. They represent the Clan as a whole during confrontations with/from other Clans. Leaders rarely do have apprentices.
- Deputy [x1]
Help to distribute RiverClan. They organize patrols and pick up pieces that the leader may have accidentally dropped, so to say. They are second in command and will take over leading the Clan if something were to ever happen to the current leader. The Leader relies heavily on their guidance, so they must be level - headed, patient, and dependable.
- Medicine Cat and Medicine Cat Apprentice [x1]
A Medicine Cat is the cat who can connect to StarClan, our ancestors. The Medicine Cat is knowledgeable in spirituality and herbal medicine. There is only one, Medicine Cats may also have a apprentice of their choice. Medicine Cats aren't able to have a mate, for many specific reasons.
- Warriors [x**]
Warriors are basically the bulk of this Clan. They are the ones that chose to be a warrior and serve their Clan, they basically hunt, fight and patrol.
Cats that speak the languages of many species of animals. These felines represent RiverClan as a whole when they communicate to other beings. Wilding share their knowledge with each other and often band together when commercing with a wide range of creatures; some speak badger while others are still learning fox.
- Queens [x**]
The mothers of the new Generation of RiverClan. They are allowed to give birth up to 5 litters of kits. They stopped their life as a Warrior and depend their lives on the kits for the time being till their kits become apprentices.
- Apprentices [x**]
These are basically young tykes learning basic life-rules. They learn how to work together to fight off threats in life, also learn the secrets of RiverClan. Towards the end of their training, they will learn Water Combats that will help in life. They are appointed a mentor and spend the next 6 moons being educated and taught the ways of water cats.
- Kits [x**]
Kits are our future and are to be protected at all costs. Honestly as simple as the name implies. Until they have reached the required age, kits are not to leave the nursery unless supervised by their mothers. Absolutely no kits outside of camp. If this behavior continues, their apprentice ceremony will be held back a moon.
✬ Allegiances ✬ Edit
(Total Number of Cat:1)
« Leader: - Reedstar is a slender, black tom with small, neat ears and dark gray eyes.
« Deputy: Bogwhisker (XXSmoggXX)
Medicine Cat Apprentice -
Foxtail (freddyloversomethingsomething) Idk okay XD
Dawnkit [Use not wanted on the internet]
✬ A p p e a r a n c e s ✬ Edit
• Tag color: Light Blue; the second to last color on the list.
• Stamp: The Dolphin (Represents how we hunt fishes); fourth row, fourth stamp. Although this is not mandatory, it is preferred.
- Animals; Kits - Bunnies | Apprentice - Fox | All other ranks - Wolves.
- Head; Skull Helmets, Fox Hats, Head Flower, or nothing.
- Neck; Spikes, Leaf Necklaces, Jamaaliday Scarf or nothing.
- Back; Worns, Elf Armor, Spartan Armor, Swords, Jamaaliday Bows, or nothing.
- Legs; Gloves, Elf Bracelets, Leg Armor, or nothing.
- Tail; Elf Tail Armor, or nothing (No Diamond Shop Tail Armors nothing)
- Pelt Colors; Please, please have realistic pelt colors. Rainbow colours are not allowed; such as blue, pink, purple, green, etc. If it just finishes the touches on your look, then it’s fine. I understand that matching accessories and colours often looks very nice. Just remember that we are cats, and not Care Bears. PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS. Our colors normally consist of light, or colors that blend in with our naturally bland surroundings. I will not be angered if you wish to have a more original pelt, because following this color scheme isn’t fun.
✬ A l l i a n c e s ✬ Edit
Allies - Edit
Sanguinary Canines (xxforestleafxx)
NightClan - Brokenstar (????)
Rivals - Edit
✬ W a r r i o r C o d e ✬ Edit
1. Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.
2. Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.
3. Elders, queens, and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders. If any warrior or apprentice is sick or injured, they may eat while the elders, queens, and kits are eating.
4. Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
5. A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
6. Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.
7. A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.
8. The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies, retires or is exiled.
9. After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh.
10. A Gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time.
11. Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
12. No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan.
13. The word of the Clan Leader is the warrior code.
14. An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his/her battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense.
15. A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.
16. Each Clan has the right to be proud and independent, but in times of trouble they must forget their boundaries and fight side by side to protect the four. Each Clan must help the others so that no Clan will fall.
17. Cats on their way to the Moonpool are allowed to cross other Clans' territories to get to their destination.
18. Cats may travel on other Clan territories if they have something to report or ask for help.
19. The code is flexible about leadership challenges. Cats may challenge a weak or cruel leader if their Clan is in danger, and if their leadership threatens the Clan, the code expects a warrior to challenge their leader.
The following rules are not specifically stated in the warrior code, but are expected to be followed:
21. Medicine cats may not have a mate or kits.
22. Kits must stay in camp until they are apprenticed,and are not allowed to hunt.
23. The safety of the Clan is more important than the safety of one cat.
24. Clans must not unite together to drive out another Clan.
25. Clans must not force another Clan to share territory.
26. Enemy patrols must not attack cats if they are on a mission all four Clans agree on.
27. Cats cannot eat when going to the Moonpool to speak with StarClan.
I m p o r t a n t E v e n t s Edit
• The day the Clan was formed: 00/00/00
• The day the Clan was disbanded: 00/00/00 [ Hopefully, this Clan will thrive for seasons to come ]
• Schedule -
• Gatherings: Next Full Moon [ Whenever it's convenient for other Clans, basically next month ]
In _ days
With _ _ _
Those who are coming are… [x] < Depends on the number of Clans attending
Sign Ups Edit
Use this format if you are NOT signing up for the Legionnaire. This is the normal sign-up.
• Have you read the books?:
• Desired Rank:
• Roleplay Example:
• AJ Username: