It was pleasant, that day. Slightly warm, and very windy. The newly formed dew collected on the leaves of the lush forestry, and the place seemed to teem of noise, vibrant songs of the jays and songbirds, chirping of crickets and rustling of mice. The two cats walked together, but there was an undeniable tension, a collective animosity between them. The she-cat cat, with her wild curly fur, passionate dark gold eyes, and tense stature spoke first when they were far enough out.
"We both want power, Teaspill. Look around you, we need to be the pioneers and make a new path, and engrave our history here on our own." The sharp tongued, slick furred tom thought, maybe he hadn't much in his past, but he did now. "You're right.. Go on." There was a troublesome glint in his dark grey eyes, and the she-cat noted that. "We could make our own clan.. The two of us and the rogues from the two-leg place. Right here, right now... This new territory is teeming with opportunity, we just need to take it." Her confident grin drip with ambition and newfound passion- Passion for a clan that they'd make.
"Equal leadership rights? It could work.." He met her eye contact and after a brief pause, the she-cat, ever so eager to speak, gave the final question. "What should it be named? And our ideals?" Teaspill spoke quickly, as though he'd always had these ideals, these messages, this passion. He looked up to the forest's canopy, and closed his eyes.
"JayClan. For the blue jay. It is aggressive, passionate, it takes what it wants, what it needs, and never backs down... Like us."
In Game Founders
Ourayz & Beenalongtime
Teastar & Seastar
Sablestar & Redstar
Active & Recruiting
★[3/15/18] - Carmineshade and Appledusk are promoted to deputies. Congratulations! We know you will serve JayClan well.
[3/10/18] - Newt unfortunately steps down from the medicine cat rank, resulting in Pei-Ling being promoted and choosing a new apprentice. Congratulations to Lilypaw!
[3/8/18] - Seastar unfortunately leaves JayClan, and Mothstar steps down. Sablestar is declared JayClan's new leader. May StarClan light Mothstar and Seastar's paths, and congratulations to the new leader.
[3/3/18] - The nefarious group of rogues has made another attack on JayClan. Luckily, JayClan is triumphant in the end.
Naming Your Character
When you name your character, prefixes such as 'Gargoyle' or 'Candy' will not be allowed, as cats have not witnessed such in the wild. Please ensure your character's name is realistic and sensible.
2. Activity. You are required to be active when you join! If you haven't been active for over 2-3 weeks without explanation, you will be removed from our roster. Activity is important when it comes to roleplaying. It is completely understandable if you are busy, though- just be sure to notify our leaders.
3. Loyalty. Once you join JayClan, you are expected to stay loyal to us. If you join and leave a day later that isn't necessarily called 'loyal'. This also goes for double-grouping; double-grouping is strictly forbidden in JayClan, as your main focus as far as groups go should be JayClan.
4. Respect. Respect everyone of all ranks. In roleplay, you can be rude as long as you don't actually mean it out of roleplay. If something you had said in roleplay has offended soneone out of roleplay, please apologize and don't continue with the argument. Though, if it is out of character, the council will deal with the situation and decide potential consequences.
5. Leaving. You are allowed to join and come back, but you will be under a 2-week-trial if you have recently joined. If you leave within 2 weeks, you won't be allowed back into our rankings until another 1-2 weeks. This may vary depending on your reason to leave.
6. Character creation. When creating your character, please note that it must have a valid name, balanced personality, and reasonable appearance. Your character shouldn't have unnatural pelt colors, be a mary sue/god mod, or have a name in which cats don't know about. (e.g.: Pursepaw is a pink she-cat that is kind, caring, brave, attractive, and sometimes rude.)
Cats of the Clan
Leaders are the head of their Clan. Their personality is the same as their Clan's and describes how their Clanmates treat others. The word of the Clan leader is law, proclaimed by the warrior code, and all other Clan cats must obey them. They have their own den, and are assisted by a deputy in their tasks. They are responsible for the whole Clan, calling Clan meetings, appointing cats to new ranks, and making the toughest decisions.
A deputy is a warrior who is second in command to the leader, aiding them in their tasks and replacing them immediately after their death or retirement. Also, when the leader is ill or unable to perform their duties, the deputy will take the leader's place until they recover, and they will take their place at Gatherings if the leader is absent and cannot attend.
Medicine Cats are Clan cats who treat diseases and injuries, and who receive directions and guidance from StarClan. They have their own den in their Clan's camp, where they sleep, store herbs, and treat wounded or sick cats. They are deeply respected by their Clanmates and few cats dare to argue with them.
Medicine cat apprentices are taught about healing techniques, such as how to care for a sick cat, or what herbs and medicines do. They are usually taught in the medicine cat's den, or outside the camp when they gather herbs. They also learn how to interpret signs from StarClan.
A senior warrior is a warrior who is older and more experienced than the others, but has not decided to become an elder yet, and would rather serve their Clan as long as they can. Senior warriors are given respect, and are often asked for advice by the Clan leader.
Warriors make up the majority of the clan and have been trained in the ways of fighting and hunting in addition to the ways of the Warrior Code. They are charged with the responsibility to feed and protect those cats who are elderly or unable to spend time out of camp.
Apprentices are Clan cats six moons or older, training to be a warrior under a mentor. They learn the ways of the warrior code and warrior duties during their training. An apprentice becomes a warrior once their mentor or Clan leader thinks they have learned enough.
A kit is a cat under the age of six moons who is still living in the nursery with their mother and littermates. Kits are usually very mischievous and energetic, and are known to bother warriors and elders. They are the youngest members of the Clan and are to be treated with care, as they form the Clan's next generation.
A queen is a she-cat that is expecting or has recently given birth to a litter of kits. Though known to be overly-protective of kits, queens usually are compassionate and kind, and in many cases they have been known to convince their mates or Clan leaders to take in cats in need of help.
An elder is a Clan cat that has served their Clan faithfully, but has now retired. They are wise and are held in high respect by the other cats; their counsel and knowledge is sought several times, even by Clan leaders, though they are often described as grumpy. They do not have to catch their own food, nor do hunting patrols or fight, except to defend if necessary.
The Council is formed from the Clan's Leaders, Deputies, Medicine Cats, and Senior Warriors. These felines are chosen to represent the Clan during gatherings and etc. They take part in discussing important decisions for JayClan.
Personality (please provide balanced traits):
Reason for Leaving:
Areas of Improvement:
Reason for Alliance:
How Will Each Side Benefit:
Minor or Major:
Dates (please provide dates for all timezones):