Apprentice Ceremony Edit
Preformed when a kit is six moons old.
Leader: (Kit), you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as (new name, ending with "paw"). Your mentor will be (name of warrior or medicine cat). I hope (name of warrior or medicine cat) will pass down all he/she knows on to you
Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Edit
The Clan's medicine cat announces that he or she wishes to mentor an apprentice.
- Medicine Cat: Cats of (Clan), as you know, I will not be around forever. So it's time I took an apprentice. I have chosen a cat who has shown (virtues). Your next medicine cat will be (apprentice).
- Leader: (Apprentice), do you accept the post of apprentice to (medicine cat)?
- Apprentice: I do.
- Medicine Cat: Then at the half-moon, you must travel to the Moonstone/Moonpool to be accepted by StarClan before the other medicine cats.
- Leader: The good wishes of all (Clan) will go with you.
Warrior Ceremony Edit
An apprenticeship usually lasts six moons or more. Once the mentor is satisfied with the apprentice's progress and skills, he or she recommends them to the leader of the Clan. Then, the apprentice must pass an assessment, when their abilities as a warrior are checked. In cases when the apprentice has just made an important contribution to the Clan, the leader may decide that there is no need for an assessment.
- Leader: I, (Leader), leader of (Clan), call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. (He/she) has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend (him/her) to you as a warrior in (his/her) turn.
- Leader: (Apprentice), do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?
- Apprentice: I do.
- Leader: Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. (Apprentice), from this moment you will be known as (new warrior name). StarClan honors your (virtues), and we welcome you as a full warrior of (Clan).
Dying Apprentice Ceremony Edit
A very sad ceremony to be performed. When an apprentice is on the verge of death and has proven him/herself to be worthy of a warrior name, there is a special ceremony used so that the apprentice may take a warrior name to StarClan.
Leader: I ask my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. (He/She) has learned the warrior code and given up (his/her) life in the service of (his/her) Clan. Let StarClan receive (him/her) as a warrior. (He/She) will be known as (new name).
Elder Ceremony Edit
A cat may retire to become an elder when they feel they can't help the Clan efficiently no longer, old age, illness, or injury.
- Leader: (Warrior), is it your wish to give up the name of a warrior and go to join the elders?
- Warrior: It is.
- Leader: Your Clan honors you and all the service you have given to us. I call upon StarClan to give you many moons of rest.
Deputy Ceremony Edit
Performed when a cat is promoted to deputy when the previous leader dies, retired, is exiled, or promoted to leader.
Leader: I say these words before StarClan, so that the spirits of our warrior ancestors (or former deputy name) may hear and approve of my choice. The new deputy of (Clan) is (warrior's name).